28.01.2011

Thursday was a sad day ...

Yesterday wasn't exactly the best day I can remember. Coachella was announced sold out, and I didn't get tickets in time, Love Shop lost Henrik Hall and Denmark lost Tøger Seidenfaden.

It was a very emotionally intense day to get through. I had worked until 1.30 AM on Monday and had to be at the office again at 9 AM for a client review, so I wasn't exactly well rested. This might be the reason why I was so struck by the news of Tøger's death, but nevertheless I have to say that I'm sharing the sense of loss felt by a lot of people in Denmark these days. It reminds me of the descriptions I've read of the way a lot of people felt when Lady Diana passed away in 1997 - how they felt a personal loss, even though they had never met the woman and she didn't even know they existed.

I'm a pretty young person, and I've been fortunate enough not to have any of my friends die. But yesterday one of my good friends passed away, and even though he didn't know he was my friend, I still feel a great loss. Tøger was exactly what a good friend should be: a constant source of inspiration, a voice of morale and reason, someone who could make you laugh or make you angry, and first of all someone you always wanted to listen to, when he had something to say - which he very often had.

RIP Tøger and condolences to the nation you left behind - a much poorer place with you gone.





Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar