30.04.2011

Audiences in nightclubs

heard me a radio commercial for a club in London. Girls get in for free until 1AM, 1£ after that, guys 10£ all night. Age limit for girls 18 years, 21 for guys. Now that really got me thinking: What kind of an audience does an offer like that attract? And aren't we getting awfully close to prostitution? So the message to the girls is: Come to this lovely place where we let you in for free, all the guys are older than you AND they've probably got money, since they forked out 10£ to get in. And for the boys: Come to this lovely place where the girls are all younger than you and come here because YOU've got money.

I guess that business model works, since they have it - or maybe they're just trying it out? I've always avoided night clubs that charge you differently based on your sex, same as I avoid restaurants where they have waiters in the street trying to get you inside, but these places always seem to have a crowd, so maybe I'm missing out on all the fun ...

I have felt very discriminated occasionally when going out in London. If you're with 3 other guys you'll often have a VERY hard time getting into a lot of places, where I don't have any problems at all when I'm out with my wife. Maybe the guy/girl ratio in London is just tipped too far towards the men? I guess it's because men in London never really reach an age where they stop going out, which is quite unique - and I kinda like that. But I guess it works against us. But isn't it the men who spend the most money in the bar anyway? Well, I guess it's a delicate balance where you want just the right ratio of men inside to buy cocktails for all the (underage) girls, but no so many that they're just buying for themselves because there are no ladies to charm.

Then again it also be because men - especially between 18 and 21 - tend to start fights, drive while drunk, do drugs, rape, loot and pillage.

Anyway, I think that club from the radio commercial should go all in, pay the girls 20£ to get in, charge the guys 100£ and up the age limit for guys to 35. At least that way it's honest. Can't wait until I turn 35 so I can get into these places ...

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar